I Must See Rome Also
Questions for Study 21
Memory Verse: 21
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY JOURNEY.
I. In the Lecture Hall of Tyrannus (1-10)
1. What were the characteristics of Paul's ministry in Corinth? (18:1-17) Who succeeded Apostle Paul's ministry in Corinth? (19:1; 18:24-26; and 1 Cor. 1:12) How? (18:27-28)
2. What might have motivated Paul to take the road through the interior and arrive at Ephesus? (19:1; Rom. 15:20)
3. What kind of disciples did Apostle Paul meet in Ephesus? (2-3) How did he help them? (4-5) How did God help them? (6-7)
4. How did Apostle Paul initially try to build God's church in Ephesus? (8) What was the result? (9a)
5. To what extent did apostle Paul change the methods of his preaching and the direction of his devotion? (9b) What was its importance and the overall effect? (10)
II. I Must Visit Rome Also (11-22)
6. How did God bless and strengthen Paul's ministry? (11-12) What does the incident in verses 13-16 teach about the reality of Satan and the powerful work of God through Paul?
7. What does the ministry in the lecture hall of Tyrannus reveal the power and influence of the gospel and the subsequent resistance against the gospel in the city of Ephesus? (17-19; 23-41)
8. How does the author Luke describe the ministry in Ephesus? (20)
9. In the midst of great accomplishment and uproar what did Apostle Paul plan to do? (21-22) Why? (Rom. 15:23-29)
III. A Great Disturbance About The Way (23-41)
10. Who was getting rich in the name of religion? What was his concern about The Way? Why did people rush into the theater? How was the riot finally ended?
11. Through Paul's ministry in Ephesus what can we learn abut the power of disciple-making ministry and the meaning of Jesus world mission command?