Do Not Be Afraid, Keep On Speaking
Questions for Study 20
Memory Verse: 9
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S FIRST AND SECOND MISSIONARY JOURNEY.
I. A Tent Maker's Mission (1-8)
1. Where did Paul go next? (1) Who did he meet there? (2) How did Paul support his gospel work? (3, and 1 Cor. 9:3-14) When he wasn't working, what did he do? (4) Is there such an excuse as, "I'm to busy to serve God and live his gospel work"? (Lk. 8:14)
2. Where had Silas and Timothy been? (17:15) When they finally rejoined him what did Paul do? (5) How did most of the Jews in the synagogue respond? (6) What does shaking ones clothes mean? (6, Matt. 10:14) Who believed in Jesus? (8)
3. Did Paul and God ever lose his love for Jews? See Romans 11:11-16. What is God's mysterious future plan? See Romans 11:25-36. In light of this how should we live?
II. Do Not Be Afraid (9-17)
4. What did the Lord say to Paul? What does this show us about how Paul was no different than us? How long did Paul stay in Corinth? (11) What does this say about his obedient faith?
5. What happened to Paul? (12-13) Why did they go to a Greek for help? (8) Why didn't they beat Paul? (16:37-38)
6. What does the proconsul's reation to the beating tell us about the times? (17) How should believers in Jesus be different? (Matt. 5:13-16)
III. Priscilla, Aquila, and Apollos (18-28)
7. Who did Paul bring with him when he finally left Corinth? Where did he leave them? (19)
8. What did Paul do? (19) What did he promise them? (20-21)
9. After spending time at his home church in Antioch what did Paul do? (22-23)
10. Who was Apollos? Where did he live? What was he doing? Who noticed him and where at? (26) What did they do? How did they affect Apollos' ministry? What kind of couple does it seem Priscilla and Aquila were? See Rom. 16:3, and 1 Cor. 16:19, and 2 Tim. 4:19.