The Church (Congregation) in Antioch
Questions for Study 13
Acts 11:1-30; 13:1-3; 14:21-28
Memory Verse: 13:2
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S FIRST AND SECOND MISSIONARY JOUNEYS.
I. The Church in Antioch (11:1-30)
1. What did Peter tell the Jewish believers and how did they receive it? (11:1-18) What made Christians in Jerusalem scatter to many parts of the world? (19; 8:1-3) What was the new development that occurred in Antioch? (20) How did God bless them? (21)
2. How did the church in Jerusalem respond to the needs of Antioch? (22) What does the Bible tell about Barnabas? (23-24) Why do you think Barnabas brought Saul from Tarsus? (25-26) Here, what do you learn about being a man of God?
3. How did Saul contribute to the growth of the Antioch church? (27) What was the significance of the Antioch church in the Christian history?
4. How did the Antioch church respond to the needs for the world? (27-30)
II. Barnabas and Saul Sent Off (13:1-3)
5. Who were the prominent Bible teachers in the Antioch church? (1) What does this suggest about spiritual leadership of the church?
6. What are the characteristics of the Antioch church? (2a) Who initiated the church to send off Barnabas and Saul? What is its importance? (2b) How did the church send the first missionaries? (3)
III. The Return to the Antioch Church (14:21-28)
7. How did Paul and Barnabas strengthen the Christians? (21-25) What did they do when they returned to Antioch? (26-28)