Questions for Study 12
Memory Verse: 13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PALESTINE AND SYRIA.
I. A Centurion Named Cornelius (1-8)
1. Who was Cornelius? (1) What was his devotion to God like? (2) What was his vision? (3-4)
2. What was God's instruction to Cornelius? (4-6) What was Cornelius' immediate response? (7-8)
II. Peter's Vision (9-23a)
3. Where was Peter staying? (6) What was Peter doing at noon? (9-10) What does this teach about Peter's life of mission?
4. What did Peter see in the trance? (11) What was God's command? (13)
5. What was Peter's response? (14) Why? How did God persuade him? (15-16)
6. When did the men sent from Cornelius meet Peter? (17-18) How did God help Peter to welcome them? (19-20) What did they explain about Cornelius? (21-22) Why could Peter welcome them? (23)
III. Peter at Cornelius' House (23b-33)
7. How did Cornelius prepare for Peter's coming? (23-24, 27) When Cornelius met Peter, what did he do? (25) How did Peter respond? (26)
8. What did he explain and what did he ask them about? (27-29) What was Cornelius' explanation? (30-33) Why do you think Cornelius' experience was recorded again? (1-5, 30-33)
IV. The Good News of Peace (34-48)
9. What did Peter learn through Cornelius' testimony? (34-35) What did Peter assume about their knowledge of Jesus? (36-38)
10. What was the main content of the good news of peace? (36-43) How did God bless Peter's preaching? (44) What was the response of the Jewish Christians? (45-46) How did Peter confirm the work of God? (47-48)