Questions for Study 9
2 Samuel 20:1-21:22
Key Verse: 2:4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE ISRAEL TRIBAL LAND ALLOTMENT.
I. Sheba Rebels Against David (20:1-26)
1. Who was Sheba? What did he do to Israel? (1b-2, 14) What had David been doing? (18:32-33, 19:8-10, 29, 41) What was the first thing he did when he returned to Jerusalem? (3, 16:21-22) What does this show about his priorities?
2. What mission did David give Amasa? (4) Who was he? (17:24-25, 19:13) What might be the reason he took so long to do the job David gave him? (5)
3. What mission did David give Abishai? (6) Who was he? (2:18, 3:30, 10:9-10, 16:9-10, 18:2, 5, 19:21-23) How did he respond to David's command? (7)
4. What did Joab and his brother Abishai do to Amasa? (8-10) Why? (11, 11:14-15) How did this affect the army? (12-13)
5. What did David's cabinet look like? (23-26)
6. How was Joab trying to take city? (15) What plea did he get? (16-19) How was this brave woman able to save her city? (20-22) What can you learn from her?
II. Gibeonites (21:1-14)
7. What did David do to stop a famine? (1-6; c.f. Jos. 9:14-20) Who was spared and why? (7, 1 Sa. 20:17, 23:18, 31:2) Who was not? (8-9)
8. What did one women do? How did David respond to her kindness? How did God respond to this? (14b) What can we learn from her?
III. Philistines (21:15-22)
9. What problem happened to David when he responded to the Philistine threat? (15-16) What was the result of this? (17)
10. What happened at the second battle with the Philistines? (18) In the third? In the fourth? Who were they and what does this tell us? (22)