A Miralce and a Poor Decision
Questions for Study 13
2 Kings 20:1-21
Memory Verses: 11
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Shadow Goes Forward Ten Steps (20:1-11)
1. What did the Lord tell Hezekiah about an illness he had? (1) What did he pray? (2-3) How did this take faith?
2. After delivering the initial word of the Lord what did Isaiah do? (4) What new word did he deliver? (5) Why would the Lord deliver Jerusalem from Assyria? (6) What did the apply to Hezekiah's boil? (7) How was Hezekiah's illness and healing similar to Jerusalem's situation?
3. What did Hezekiah ask from the Lord? What option was given him? Which did he chose? How are we similar to Hezekiah?
4. Who prayed for the sign to be fulfilled? (11) Why didn't Hezekiah just pray for it? What can be learned about the Lord through Hezekiah's illness?
II. Babylon Saw Judah's Riches (20:12-21)
5. Who sent a gift to Hezekiah? What did Hezekiah show the messengers of the gift? Why might he do that?
6. What did Isaiah ask Hezekiah? (14) Why might he be concerned about what they saw? Why would this be his business anyway?
7. What was revealed about Hezekiah's descendants? (16-18) How does this expose possible true reason Babylon's king sent an envoy to Hezekiah?
8. What did Hezekiah think to himself? Why is it ironic that he was so concerned about his illness and not pray for the future of his children and grandchildren?
9. Who became king after Hezekiah? How does the fact that Hezekiah's son was an evil king show us about fact that faith is not inherited?