Hezekiah Did What Was Right
Questions for Study 12
2 Kings 18:1-19:37
Memory Verses: 19:19
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Hezekiah Becomes King of Judah (18:1-16)
1. How was Hezekiah's life described? (1-4) Why was he considered the best king Judah ever had? (5) What does it mean to hold fast to the Lord? (6-8) How did the Lord bless his faith?
2. What major event took place in Hezekiah's reign? (9-12) How might have this affected King Hezekiah and the rest of Judah?
3. How did Assyria threaten Hezekiah and Judah? (13) How did Hezekiah respond to Assyria's thread? (14) What did the do to appease the Assyria king? Was this right or wrong?
II. Assyria Threatens Attack (18:17-19:13)
4. Who became a threat to Hezekiah and Judah a second time? (17-18) How did the Assyrian field commander challenge Hezekiah's faith in the Lord? (19-22) Who did he says sent him to destroy Jerusalem? (23-25) Was this the truth? (Nahum 1:7-11) How does the enemy try to use the word of the Lord against us? Consider Jesus' temptation too.
5. What did the king's officials try to stop the Assyrian commander from doing? (26-27) How did the commander try to discourage everyone's faith in the Lord? (28-35) How did Judah respond? (36-37) What can we learn?
6. What did Hezekiah do when he heard the Assyrian's commander's words? (19:1-4) Why was Hezekiah not to be afraid of the Assyrians? (5-7) What did the Assyrian king boast? (8-13) How was Hezekiah's faith being tested?
III. Hezekiah Prayer is Answered (19:14-37)
7. What did Hezekiah acknowledge about the Lord in his prayer? (14-16) Why did Hezekiah want the Lord to overthrow the Assyrian's? (17-19) What can we learn from the fact the the Lord heard Hezekiah's prayer?
8. What had Assyria's king done by false invoking the Lord's name? (21-22) What can be learned about his pride in verses 23-24? What history lesson did the Lord give him? (25-26) What did the Lord say he was going to do to the proud Assyrian king? (27-28)
9. What sign was given Hezekiah? (29) Even though Assyria had defeated a lot of Judah's cities and deported them, what was promised them? (30-31) What can we learn about how the Lord responds to faith in him?
10. Would the Lord defend Jerusalem? (32-34) How? What happened the the boastful proud king of Assyria?