My Grace is Sufficient For You
Questions for Study 9
2 Corinthians 12:1-10
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Paul's Vision (12:1-6)
1. About what had Paul been boasting in the previous chapter? How did he regard talk about visions and revelations from the Lord? (1)
2. What does it mean to be "a man in Christ"? (2a) Describe the spiritual experience which a certain "man in Christ" had. (2b-4) Why might this have happened to this man?
3. Did Paul boast about his spiritual strength? (5) Why would he not have been a fool even if he had boasted? (6)
4. Why did he not try to gain special recognition from talking about his spiritual experiences? What did he talk about? Why?
II. Paul's Thorn (7-9a)
5. What had happened to him to counterbalance the great spiritual revelations which he had received? (7) Why did he believe that this problem had been given to him?
6. What might be the problem that he describes as a thorn in his flesh? Why does he call it a "messenger from Satan"? What did he do about it?
7. How did the Lord answer his prayer? Why did God answer him this way? What does this teach us about prayer? About God?
8. What is God's grace? What does God mean by saying that his grace is sufficient? (1 Tim. 1:15; and 1 Co. 15:10)
III. God's Grace (12:9b-10)
9. What does it mean that God's power is made perfect in weakness? What did Paul consider his weaknesses? How could he delight in and actually thank God for not only his weaknesses but also his suffering?
10. What did Paul mean by "When I am weak, then I am strong"? How can God's grace make a person strong? How can grace change one's attitude toward suffering?