Speaking Like a Fool
Questions for Study 8
2 Corinthians 11:1-33
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. False Apostles (11:1-15)
1. How does Paul consider his comments about himself in this letter? (1) What did he consider foolish? (2 Cor. 10:8, 14) Why would he be foolish? (2) What does it mean that Jesus is our husband? What can we learn about what a true relationship with Jesus is like from verse 3?
2. Just because someone claims to believe in Jesus and even witnesses to others does it mean they preach the truth? (4)
3. How did the counterfeit Christians consider Paul? (5) Why did they think this way and why were they wrong? (6) What was Paul's motive in lowering himself while living as a missionary in Corinth? (7)
4. Where did Paul receive support while a new missionary to the Corinthians? (8) What can we learn from Paul about how to live amongst new believers? (9) And what should be our motivation? (10-11)
5. Does every one who claims authority, have God's authority? (12) How serious is our discernment in these matters? (13-14) Will it be easy to see deceitful workmen? (15) How can we know who is of God and who are deceivers? (John 10:25-30; and 1 John 3:10, 16-20)
II. Paul Boasts About his Sufferings (11:16-33)
6. How are Christians sometimes seen by people of the world and even religious people? (4) How did Paul consider boasting? (17) Yet what did Paul do? (18) Why? (19, 30)
7. What were the young Christians in Corinth letting happen? (20) How can we avoid that from happening? (John 15:5-10) How did Paul differ from pseudo-Christians? (21) Were the pseudo-Christians easy to recognize? (22-23a)
8. What did Paul endure for Jesus and the gospel? (23b-25) Why was he constantly on the move even though danger was everywhere he went? (26) Where there times that his outward situation could have made him think that God was not with him and blessing his ministry? (27) Why does God let his servants, his children go through so much troubles when their are obeying the gospel? (1 Peter 4:12-17)
9. What kind of relationship did Paul have with the churches he had visited? (28-29) How should we invest into the kingdom of God? (Mark 10:42-45) To what extent does Paul follow Jesus' example in ministry? (Mark 6:34) As we serve each other what is the one thing that we all do? (31)
10. When did the event happen Paul describes in verses 32-33? (Acts 9:1-6) What was the cause? (Acts 9:19-25) What can we learn?