By Meekness and Gentleness
Questions for Study 7
2 Corinthians 10:1-18
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Unconventional Warfare (10:1-6)
1. What characteristics did Paul use to show his motive? (1-2) What does "live by the standards of this world" in this context mean? (Ezekiel 11:12) What kind of people would say that Christians like Paul "live by the standards of this world"? (Mark 8:15; Matt. 23:25-28)
2. Can the life of a follower of Jesus be placid, unpretentious, and unassuming? (3-4) How do the weapons of the world compare to the weapons of God's children? What is the nature of the conflict? (5)
3. What does verse 6 mean? Is the spiritual battle internal or external?
II. Authority for Building Up (10:7-11)
4. In their assessment of people, including Paul, how were the Corinthians making their conclusions? (7a) How does God see people? (1 Chron. 28:9; Prov. 16:2; Luke 5:22) How should God's people view others? (John 7:24)
5. Why can a judgement based on outward appearance be misleading and lead to God's disfavor? (7b; Isaiah 53:2-3; Mark 6:2-3) What do you think those who were saying Paul was worldly look like? (Mark 12:38-39; Acts 15:5; Titus 1:10-11)
6. How had Paul countered the teaching from those who looked good on the outside, but on the inside were not of Christ? (8) Why wasn't he ashamed of doing this?
7. What was his motive in writing the first letter to the Corinthians? (9) What did those who opposed the gospel he preached have to say about him? (10) What did those who opposed the gospel Paul preached have to say about him? (10) What did they not realize? (11) How can this be applied to our life? (John 6:61-65)
III. Boast in the Lord (10:12-18)
8. When is it wrong to classify and compare ourselves? (12) When is it right? (13) How is this the same as the day we will stand before? (Matt. 25:23, 28-30)
9. What is the field that Paul was talking about in verse 13? (14-15) How does this compare to Jesus' ministry? (Matthew 13:37-39) What should we always remember as we work in our field? (16)
10. What does boasting in the Lord have to do with preaching the gospel? (17) Whose commendation should we seek? (18) How does seeking Jesus' commendation compel us to share the gospel to strangers?