The New Covenant
Questions for Study 2
2 Corinthians 2:5-3:18
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Forgiveness (2:5-2:11)
1. How did someone cause the Corinthian believer's grief? (5; and 1 Cor. 5:1) What kind of punishment had the unrepentant brother received? (6; and 1 Cor. 5:5, 11)
2. What was the good response to the punishment? (7-8) What were they to do when he repented? How is this following Jesus' example? (Matt. 6:12)
3. To whom was Paul hoping they be obedient to? (9; 10:5-6) How far did Paul trust their judgement and leadership within their congregation? (10) How was forgiving a repentant brother part of the spiritual battle? (11) What was and still is part of Satan's schemes? (Zech. 3:1-4)
II. Minister of the New Covenant (2:12-3:6)
4. Where was Troas and why had Paul gone there? (12; Acts 16:6-10) Who was Titus? (13, 8:23; Gal. 2:1; Titus 1:4a)
5. What is a good reason to thank God? (14) How often are we lead this way even though at times we don't feel like it? What is an one of the great things he does for us? How does God see us? (15) What are the two ways people received the gospel we preach in word and action? (16)
6. Is preaching for profit new? (17) How should one preach the gospel? What is the credentials that really matter in the kingdom of God? (3:1-3)
7. Where should our confidence and competence come from? (4-5) Who are the ministers per verse 6? What are we ministers of? What is a major difference between the old and the new covenant?
III. The Glory of the New Covenant (3:7-3:18)
8. How does the law bring death? (7; Rom. 7:7-13) What was one way that God displayed that the law was good? (Exodus 34:29-32) What does the new ministry give that the old covenant did not? (8-9)
9. How sure are we of the glory to come? (10-11) How should the hope of what is to come compel us in our ministry now? (12) What slowly happened after Moses came down the mountain with the law? (13)
10. What did Jesus do when he came in regard to the old covenant? (14-16) What does this practically mean to us? What does verse 17 mean? Does the glory come from within us? (18) What continual process is being done in true believers?