God Delivers Us
Questions for Study 1
2 Corinthians 1:1-2:4
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
I. Greetings (1:1-2)
1. Who is the sender of this letter? How does he identify himself? Why has he been appointed this? (Acts 18:1-5; and 2 Cor. 1:19; and 1 Cor. 1:1, 4:17, 16:10-11)
2. Which congregation is the recipient? How are they identified? What does "church" mean? Who else is this addressed to?
3. What is the true source of grace and peace mean? (2) How can we receive them? (John 1:14-18)
II. The God of All Comfort (1:3-11)
4. To whom does Paul give praise? (3) Why is God referred to as the Father of Jesus? (Luke 1:34-37; Matt. 3:16-17, 17:5; John 17:24) How is God described here? How does God's gift of comfort work in our lives of faith? (4)
5. What does it mean that "the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives"? (5; 1 Peter 4:12-17) What else overflows into our lives? What is one way that unity between Christ's followers is manifested? (6-7)
6. As the gospel was preached in the Roman province of Asia what happened? (8) What is a reason Christians suffer as they preach the gospel? (9) What is true about God's deliverance? (10) What happens when we pray "your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven"? (11; Matt. 6:10)
III. Paul's Plans Change (1:12-2:4)
7. In what did Paul and his companions boast? (12) How does God make it possible for us to also do that? How does Bible study help? (13) What is the day of the Lord Jesus? (14) How will our witness to unbelievers and service for the fellowship of believers be rewarded? (Matt. 16:27; and 2 Tim. 4:6-8)
8. What plan did Paul seriously make? (15-17) What kind of decision must be made in regard to Jesus? (18-19) When God makes a promise what should our response be? (20)
9. What does it mean to "stand firm in Christ"? (21a) How does God enable us to stand firm? (21b-22) What is a deposit and how is the Spirit in our hearts one?
10. Since Paul knew the essence of the Christian faith how did he see his mission? (23-24) How did this dictate his decision on visiting the Corinthian believers? (2:1-2) How did this dictate the content of 1 Corinthians? (3-4)