Jehoram and Ahaziah King
Questions for Study 7
2 Chronicles 21:1-22:9
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Jehoram King of Judah (21:1-20)
1. Who became king of Judah when Jehoshaphat died? (1-3; 2 Kings 8:16-17) How had Jehoshaphat treated his sons? What does this show about his character?
2. What kind of king was Jehoram? (4-7) How did he establish his kingdom? What does it mean to "walk in the ways of the kings of Israel? Who was his wife? What does this say about his character?
3. Who rebelled against Jehoram? (8-10a) What had their relationship been to Judah before Jehoram's reign? (17:10-11, 20:29-30; 1Kings 22:47) Was the battle between Judah and Edom decisive? What does this say about God?
4. Who else rebelled against Jerhoram? (10b-11) Why did this happen? How was he a bad influence to Judah? What does this teach about how to be a bad or a good leader?
5. Who was Elijah? (12; 1 Kings 17:1) What did his letter say? Why would this be needed to say? Did Jehoram have a chance to repent? What does this say about God?
6. Who else attached Jehoram? (16-20) What was the result to Jehoram's household? How did this reflect what he had done to his siblings? How long was he sick? Did anyone morn his death? What does this say about his kind of rule?
II. Ahaziah King of Judah (22:1-9)
7. How became king after Jehoram died? (1-2) Who had killed his brothers? Who was his mother? Who were her parents and grandparents? Why might her father not be mentioned?
8. What kind of man was King Ahaziah? Who was a bad influence to the king? Why did he decide to go to war against Hazael king of Aram? What did he do when he was wounded?
9. Who was bringing about all this disaster on Israel and Judah? (7-9) Who was Jehu? (2 Kings 9:1-3, 13) What did he do? What was the outcome of his endeavors?
10. How did Athaliah respond when she learned of Jehu's actions? (10-12) How was the line of David kept? What does this say about the character of Athaliah and Jehosheba?