Questions for Study 7
2 Chronicles 19:1-20:37
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE OF ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAPS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
I. Jehoshaphat, King of Judah Appoints Judges (19:1-11)
1. Who greated Jehoshaphat upon his return from the battle with Ramoth Gilead? (1-3) What question did he ask the king? What does it mean the wrath of the LORD was upon him? What good thing did he have to say to the king?
2. How was Jehoshaphat's faith in God shown in his actions as king? (4-7) What did he tell the men he put in charge to administer the law of the LORD and to settle disputes? (8-11) What does it mean to act in the fear of the Lord? Does that mean we shouldn't have courage as we serve the Lord?
II. Jehoshaphat Defeats Moab and Ammon (20:1-30)
3. What did Jehoshaphat do when a great threat of an army was coming to Jerusalem? (1-4) What truth's of the Lord did the king state in his prayer? (5-9) What historical event did he remind the Lord and why did he remind him of that? (10-12; Deut. 2:16-19)
4. What did the Lord do when Jehoshaphat finished praying? (13-14) Who fights our battles when we pray? (15-17) What is a proper way to respond when the Lord answers our prayers and fights our battles? (18-19)
5. What did Jehoshaphat say they would do to see victory? (20-21) What is faith? (Hebrews 1:1-2) What did Jesus do when he saw someone have faith in him? (Matthew 9:1-8)
6. What did the Lord do as his people sang and praised the Lord? (22-23) What can be learned on how we should behave when troubles come?
7. What did the men of Judah discover even though they had not engaged in battle? (24-26) Even though they were willing to go into battle what did they end up doing for three days instead?
8. How did music continue to be a part of their faith? (27-28) How did the Lord's response to their faith have repercussions for the rest of their life? (29-30)
III. Jehoshaphat Dies (20:31-37)
9. What is important about Jehoshaphat life in God's eyes? (31-33, 17:3-6; 1 Kings 22:43) How was his faith displayed in his actions as king? (32, 17:7-9; 1 Kings 22:45-46) Why was it wrong to offer sacrifices on the high places? (33; 1 Kings 22:43b) Why might he not remove them?
10. How did his relationship with God effect the kingdom Jehoshaphat ruled? (34-37, 17:10-11, 20:29-30; 1 Kings:22:44, 47) Why might the sunken fleet be mentioned? (35-37; 1 Kings 22:48-50)