INTRODUCTION TO 1 THESSALONIANS
AFTER READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
Before analyzing the test of any book of the Bible, it is well to learn the historical background.
Also, it is best to make a "skyscraper" view of its general contents.
- Author. Apostle Paul according to most scholars.
- Date Written. between 50 and 54 A.D.
- Period Covered. Beginning of the spread of the gospel, during Paul's second missionary journey.
- Geographical Centers. Paul was in Corinth when he wrote both letters to the congregation in Thessalonica.
- Main Theme. The day of the Lord had not yet come and how we are to live until then.
- Audience. A new congregation full of believers who were committed and yet young in faith and understanding.
- temptation to accept pagan sexual standards
- not working for self support
- fate of believers who had died
- Christ's return
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO LUKE STUDY 1 QUESTIONS
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO LUKE STUDY 1 COMMENTS
Click the house to go to the Bible Study HOME Page