Will God Really Dwell on Earth?
Questions for Study 7
1 Kings 8:22-66
Memory Verse: 8:27
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
I. Let Your Word Come True (8:22-26)
1. What was the occasion? (8:1) How did Solomon pray? (22, 54) How did he address God and compare it to the prayer Jesus taught his disciples? (23-24; Matt. 6:9)
2. What was Solomon's first prayer topic and compare it to what the Lord told Solomon? (25-26, 6:11-12) Who did he credit for being king? What was the promise the Lord made to David? (2 Sam. 7:5-16)
II. The Heavens Cannot Contain You (8:27-30)
3. What was Solomon's second prayer topic and compare it to what the Lord told Solomon? (27, 6:13)
4. What does the Bible teach about God? (Gen. 1:1, 2:4; Exodus 34:5-7; Deut. 33:26-27; and 1 Sam. 2:2; and 2 Chron. 14:11) How is God able to dwell on earth? (Gen. 18:1, 7-10; Heb. 1:3; Col. 1:15-17; John 8:58; Exodus 3:13-15; Matt. 22:41-45; Mark 10:27, 14:61-64; Gen. 3:8-9)
5. Even though the glory of the Lord had shown in the temple (10-11) what did Solomon ask? (28) When the Lord hears his servant what did Solomon want first and foremost? What did Solomon know about human nature? (46)
III. Seven Reasons Israel Will Seek the Lord at the Temple (8:31-61)
6. What is the first reason a man might go to the Lord in prayer? (31-32) Why would he be required to take an oath? (Exodus 22:11; Matt.5:33-37) What is the second reason? (33-34) How does Jesus fulfill this? (1 John 2:1-2)
7. What is the third reason? (35-36) What is the Lord trying to teach? (Matt. 6:11; Prov. 30:8-9) What is the fourth reason? (37-40) Why does the afflictions of the heart come?
8. What is the fifth reason? (41-43) What good news do foreigners have? (Acts 28:28; Matt. 6:10) What is the sixth reason? (44-45) Who is our enemy? (Matt. 6:13, Eph. 6:10-12)
9. What is the seventh reason? (46-51) What is Solomon's request? (52-53) What did Solomon remind the people? (55-61)
IV. The Temple Dedicated (8:62-66)
10. What is a fellowship offering? What does it mean to consecrate something? How did the people feel as they left?