Questions for Study 4
1 Kings 4:1-5:18
Memory Verse: 5:5
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
I. Solomon's Officials and Governors (4:1-19)
1. Compare Solomon's court to David's. (1-6; 2 Samuel 8:15-18, 20:23-26) What differences and similarities do you see?
2. What seems to be the only purpose of the twelve district governors? (7-19, 26-28) How is 1 Samuel 8:11-20 fulfilled?
II. Peace on All Sides (4:20-28)
3. What was the state of the people in Israel and Judah? (20, 25) What was Solomon relationship with the surrounding kingdoms? (21-24) How is 1 Chronicles 22:8-10 fulfilled?
III. Solomon's Wisdom (4:29-34)
4. What was the source of Solomon's wisdom? (29) How did his wisdom compare with other wisdom? (30-31)
5. How did Solomon use his God given wisdom? (32-33) What was the result? (34)
6. What are some of the gifts Jesus gives to his people? (1 Cor. 12:8-11) Why does he give us these gifts? (1 Cor. 12:7)
IV. I Intend To Build A Temple (5:1-18)
7. Who sent a message to Solomon? How did Solomon reply? What can we learn about Solomon's heart at this time of his reign?
8. How did Solomon's message affect Hiram? (7) What was his reply to Solomon?
9. Being that the Israelites were not lumberjacks, how was Solomon's wisdom used to get wood the temple? (10-12)
10. How many men were needed? (13-16) Why would a foundation be needed for the temple? (17-18; and 2 Chron. 3:1-4) Is that foundation still there today?