Ask for a Wise and Discerning Heart
Questions for Study 3
1 Kings 3:1-28
Memory Verse: 12
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
I. Solomon's Egyptian Wife (3:1)
1. Why did Solomon marry an Egyptian? (1) Considering Deuteronomy 7:3-4 was this wise?
II. Since You Have Asked For This? (3:2-15)
2. Why were the "high places" used as sights of worship? (2; 1 Sam. 3:3, 4:3,11, 6:21-7:1, 9:12-14; 2 Sam. 6:2-4,17) Was this wrong? (3-4; Deut. 12:2-7)
3. Why did God use a dream to communicate to Solomon? (5a; Gen. 20:3; Num. 12:6-8) What did the Lord say? (5b)
4. What was Solomon's statement as king? (6-9) Whose interests does he have at heart and why? What can we learn from him? (Mark 10:42-45)
5. With what kind of prayers is God pleased with? (10-12)
6. What did God promise Solomon? (13-14) Why? What teaching of Jesus repeats this? (Matt. 6:33)
7. Why did Solomon worship and throw a party? (15)
III. He Had Wisdom From God (3:16-28)
8. What kind of court system did Israel have? (2 Sam. 15:2; 14:4)
9. What case did two prostitutes bring before Solomon? (16-22) Why should the new king worry about a dispute among prostitutes?
10. For what quality is Solomon testing the women? (26-27) Why would this ruling impress Israel?