Our Lord King David Has Made Solomon King
Questions for Study 1
1 Kings 1:1-53
Memory Verse: 43
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE READ AN INTRODUCTIONS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE READ AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Old and Well Advanced in Years (1:1-4)
1. When David was old what problem did he have? (1) Why might he have this problem? (1 Sam. 22:1, 24:3; and 2 Sam. 23:13, and 1 Chron. 11:15; Ps. 22:6) How was his problem solved? (2-4) Why might he refrain from intimate relations with her and why wasn't his many wives any help?
II. Adonijah Follows Absalom's Example (1:5-27)
2. Who was Adonijah? (5, and 2 Sam. 3:2-5) What does verse 6 tell us about David's role as a father and his home life? What does the Bible teach about fatherhood? (Eph. 6:4; 1 Thes. 2:11-12; Heb. 12:7-11; and 2 John 2:4)
3. Who were and were not involved and what does this tell us? (7-8, 10; and 2 Sam. 12:24-25) Why offer sacrifices? (9)
4. Who Was Nathan? (2 Sam. 7:2, 4-6, 12:1) Why would he need to act quickly? (11-14; 20-21)
5. How did Bathsheba respond to the prophets instructions? (15, 17-19) What was her attitude before her husband? (16-17a) How had she changed her ways? (2 Sam. 11:2-4) What does the Bible say about wives? (Eph. 5:22-24; Col. 3:18; and 1 Tim. 3:11; and 1 Peter 3:1-6)
6. Who entered while Bathsheba was still speaking? (22-23) What did he say? Why would Nathan need to handle such an important issue this way? How can this be applied to our time? (Mark 12:17; 1 Peter 2:13-17; Jude 1:8-10)
III. David Makes Solomon King (1:28-53)
7. How did David receive the words of his wife and the prophet? (28-31) What can husbands learn? (1 Cor. 7:32-35; Eph. 5:25-30; Col. 3:19; and 1 Peter 3:7)
8. Describe Solomon's coronation. (32-35) How did Benaiah, Zadok, Nathan, and all the people respond? (36-40) How did this foreshadow Jesus, the Anointed One (Messiah)? (Matt. 21:4-9; John 18:36, 19:13-15, 19-22; Acts 4:25-27; Rev. 11:15, 19:11-16)
9. What surprised the feasting Adonijah and Joab? (41-42) What news did Jonathan tell them? (43-48) Who were the Kerethites and the Pelethites? (1 Sam. 22:1-2, 23:13; and 2 Sam. 8:15-18, 15:18-19, 20:7, 23-26) When Adonijah and Joab heard that they had sided with Solomon how did they respond? (49)
10. How did Adonijah try to save himself? (50-51) How did Solomon respond? (52-53) What righteous principle did Solomon display? (Matt. 5:38-39, 5:43-48)