So That You Will Know I am the Lord
Questions for Study 17
1 Kings 20:1-43
Memory Verses: 13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Know that I am the Lord (20:1-17)
1. What threat did Samaria face? (1-3) How did Ahab respond? (4) When Samaria's enemies saw how easy Ahab gave away all he had what new demand did they give? (5-6)
2. What can we learn about Ahab's character from his word to the elders? (7) What advice did Ahab accept? (8-9) How did the exchange of words between the two go? (10-12)
3. Why did the Lord give Ahab his word of encouragement? (13-14) How did Ahab respond? (15-17) What can be learned about the Lord?
II. Ahab Makes a Treaty with Aram (20:18-34)
4. How did the Lord keep his word? (18-21) What new direction did the Lord give? (22) Who did Aram understand helped Samaria, but what did he know know about God? (23-27) What did the Lord want everyone to understand? (28)
5. How did the battle go? (29-30) Why did Ahab call his enemy his brother? (31-32; Gen. 28:5) Was he?
6. How did Ahab treat Ben-Hadad? (33) After being defeated twice how far was Ben-Hadad willing to go to stay in power? (34) Was Ahab wise in accepting his offer?
III. A Prophet Condemns Ahab (20:35-43)
7. What can be learned from verses 35-36? Why might the prophet disguise himself? (37-38)
8. How was the prophet's story like Ahab's treatment of Ben-Hadad? (39-40) What did the prophet boldly proclaim? (41-42)
9. How did Ahab respond? (43) How is this the opposite of repentance?