The Fire of the Lord Fell on Mt. Carmel
Questions for Study 15
1 Kings 18:1-46
Memory Verses: 21a
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Obadiah, A Faithful Man (1-15)
1. At the end of the third year, what instruction did God give to Elijah? (1) What was the extent of the famine at that time? (2-6)
2. Who was Obadiah? (3) How did he fear God? (4, 13) What can we learn from a layman like Obadiah? (Luke 16:9)
3. What mission did Elijah give Obadiah? (7-8) How much did Ahab hate Elijah? (9-11)
4. What did Elijah tell Obadiah? (12-14) What can be learn from Elijah who confronted Ahab? (15; Mark 8:38)
II. Elijah on Mount Carmel (16-46)
5. What did Elijah boldly tell Ahab to do? (16-19) What did Elijah demand the people of Israel to do? (20-21; Josh 24:14-15) How did Elijah challenge the prophets of Baal? (22-24; Luke 1:17)
6. What did the prophets of Baal do in order to get a response from Baal? (25-29) Why was there no answer? (1 Cor. 8:4-6)
7. What did Elijah do to prepare the environment before he prayed? (30-35) Why did he do that?
8. What were Elijah's earnest prayer topics? (36-37) Who is God that Elijah could depend on him? What can we learn about being God's servant from Elijah? (1 Tim. 6:11-12)
9. What signs did God use to show that he is the LORD? (38-39) How did Elijah deal with the prophets of Baal? (40)
10. How did God answer Elijah's prayer? (41-46) What does the fact that he had to prayer more than once tells us about the source of power?