2 Kings of Judah and 5 Kings of Israel
Questions for Study 13
1 Kings 15:1-16:28
Memory Verses: 15:11
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. For David's Sake Abijah Reigned (15:1-8)
1. Who was the next king of Judah? (1-2) How is his life defined? (3)
2. Why did the Lord keep David's line on the throne? (4) Why? (5) What does "gave him a lamp" mean? What does Jesus say about us? (Matt. 5:14-16)
3. How was relations between their northern brothers? (6-8)
II. Asa, King of Judah (15:9-24)
4. Who was Asa? Consider how living by faith would have been hard for him? (11-12, 14-15) Would his family been supportive? (13)
5. Who was his adversary and what is ironic about this? What did Asa do with the nations treasury? What did he want and why was this wrong?<
6. What tribes of Israel fell to Aram? How did the king of Israel respond? Had Asa achieved his goal and at what cost?
7. What else can be learned of King Asa from 2 Chron. 14:1-16:14? How is he like those who do not have faith in God while growing up in a culture of religion?<
III. Israel's Kings do Evil (15:25-16:28)
8. Meanwhile what kind of king ruled in the northern tribes? (25-26) What kind of man followed him?
9. What happened to Jeroboam's family?
10. What is repeated from verses 16-17 and what is it like when brothers always fight?
11. Summarize the kings listed in chapter 16. Did Israel get what they wanted and expected?<