The Greatest of These is Love
Questions for Study 9
1 Corinthians 12:1-13:13
Memory Verse: 24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Spiritual Gifts (12:1-11)
1. What does Paul remind the Corinthian Christians? (1-2)
2. How can a person acknowledge Jesus and accept him as Lord and Savior? (3) Why do you think Paul emphasized this point?
3. Who is the source of the different gifts? (4-6) Why is each gift manifested? (7)
4. What kind of different gifts are mentioned? (8-11) Explain what each of these gifts refer to. (1 Kings 3:16-28; Mt. 22:15-22) (Josh. 7:1-26; Acts 5:1-11) (Mt. 17:20) (Ex. 15:26; Mk. 16:15-18) (Lk. 8:44; Rom. 4:18-22; Heb. 11:11-12) (2 Pet. 1:21; and 1 Cor. 14:3) (Mt. 16:13-23; John 16:14) (1 Cor. 14:1-25)
II. One Body, Many Parts (12:12-30)
5. What does Paul teach about different gifts and the Holy Spirit? (12-13) How does he explain the importance and interrelationship of all parts of the body? (14-27)
6. What kinds of positions are needed in a church according to the gifts? (28-30; Rom. 12:6-8) What kind of attitudes should Christians have toward those who use their gifts in the church? (Rom. 12:3-5)
III. Faith, Hope and Love; With Love the Greatest (12:31-13:13)
7. What kind of gift should all Christians seek? (31) What kind of gift(s) do you think you have received or seeking? How can we receive the gifts mentioned about in order to build up the body of Christ? (James 1:2-8)
8. What happens to all gifts without love? (1-3) Think about the absolute necessity of love. Describe the nature of love. (4-7) In light of the nature of love mentioned in the above verses, how is love different from what you have thought?
9. How is the nature of love manifested in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ? (Lk. 19:41-44, 23:34; Phil. 2:6-8; Mt. 18:21-35) What aspect of love do you think that you should really learn?
10. What does Paul tell about the value of love compared to all the temporary gifts? (8-9) What does perfection refer to? (Rev. 21:23, Dan. 12:2) What would happen when perfection comes? (10)
11. To what does Apostle Paul compare his present and future spiritual state? (11-12) What must be with Christians always? (13) Which is the most important? Why?