Before the Lord
Questions for Study 8
1 Corinthians 11:2-34
Memory Verse: 24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Propriety in Worship (11:2-16)
1. What kind of Bible students were the Corinthians Christians? (2) What is the organization mode in verse 3?
2. With what attitude should a man and a woman pray and teach the Bible? (4-5) Why do you think a woman Bible teacher should cover her head? (6-9) What does verse 10 mean?
3. What do you think God made man and woman dependent on each other? (11-12a) Who are both ultimately dependent on? (12b)
4. What happens to many man's hair that hardly never happens to a woman? (13-14) Whose shampoo advertising is most common, man or woman? (15) How does verse 16 show that this is a common practice of the time and not a command?
II. The Lord's Supper (11:17-34)
5. What is a directive? (17) Should Christian meetings (worship services) be constructive?
6. What is one main reason there are differences in a congregation? (18-19) Why are some approved and others not approved by God? (Rom. 14:17-18; Heb. 11:4; and 1 Thess. 2:4)
7. Why is the Passover that Jesus ate with is disciples called the Lord's Supper? (20; Luke 22:14-15) What problems occurred during their practice of the Lord's Supper? (21) How did those who brought food seem to treat those who did not? (22)
8. What did Jesus say the bread represents? (23-24) The wine represents? (25) What is a covenant and how is this a new one? Why is it important to proclaim Jesus' death? (26)
9. What should our attitude be during the Lord's Supper? (27-29) What is the result of a lack of respect during worship service and the Lord's Supper? (30-31)
10. Why should we pay attention when many become sick and weak in a congregation? (32) How can we show others respect during congregational celebrations? (33-34)