The Glory of Resurrection
Questions for Study 12
1 Corinthians 15:35-58
Memory Verse: 24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. The Splendor of the Heavenly Bodies (15:35-44)
1. What questions were some Corinthians raising about the body Christians will have at the resurrection? Why was their line of thinking foolish and their understanding of the resurrected body deficient?
2. How does plant life illustrate the nature of the resurrected body?
3. How are earthly bodies differentiated? Describe and compare the splendor of the sun, the moon, and the stars. How do the different kinds of flesh and their respective glories serve the purpose of their creation?
4. What analogy do the resurrected body and their splendor provide to the nature and splendor of the heavenly bodies?
5. In what way do human beings have both human (or physical) glory and spiritual glory (or splendor)? What is the human or physical glory that physically-oriented people pursue? What is the spiritual glory that spiritual men must pursue?
6. What is the seed of the resurrected body? How will the spiritual man attain this spiritual body, which will be honorable, glorious, powerful and imperishable? What is meant by the expressions 'sow' and 'raised'?
II. The Glorious Image of the Man From Heaven (15:45-49)
7. In what way is Adam the ancestor of all men on earth? How do his descendants receive their natural, earthly bodies? Why is he called "a living being"? Who is the man from heaven? How is he different from the first man, Adam? Why is he called "the last Adam" and "a life-giving Spirit"?
8. How did the man from heaven who became incarnate in a human body receive a glorified, spiritual body? How will his redeemed people similarly receive their own spiritual bodies? What does it mean that we shall bear the likeness of the man from heaven?
III. The Glory of the Second Coming of Christ (15:50-58)
9. Why did Paul call the resurrection of the dead a mystery? (Eph. 3:3, Rev. 10:7) What will happen at the time of the resurrection? How will the resurrection of the dead occur?
10. What is the meaning of verse 53? What will be the ultimate victory of the risen Jesus at his second coming? What will this mean to believers? To unbelievers?
11. In light of the resurrected body and Christ's ultimate victory, why shouldn't Christians be moved by any worldly temptation but rather give themselves full to the work of the Lord?